Friday, December 23, 2011

Somedays.....

You just can't wait until he goes to bed. This has been one of those days. I have expected numerous meltdowns due to all the new people moving about, so I can't really say that I am surprised that Nick has had a good chunk of his time spent in the trailer today. Right now we are parked in front of the fam's house, so it has not been too bad. Relatives are close by, and have come out individually to visit with Nick and I here in the trailer. They are wonderful, really. We have ventured to take Nick inside the house numerous times today. He wants to go. He is happy for a little while. And then things get overwhelming. He shuts down completely, and starts losing it. And back to the trailer we go. It has been a viscious cycle all day. This is the part that makes me more sad than anything else. Neither us or him can have any sort of life like this. His senses completely overwhelm him. All. The. Time. He constantly seeks input, but then that input can turn on him and then overload. I know this happens to a lot of kids on the spectrum, but it honestly sucks. It sucks balls. Big Ones. I can only hope that next year we will figure out a way to get him under control, because right now he isn't.

No comments: