Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Bit of Comfort...

Today is a day to be marked on the calendar; and fortunately it will be because I am sharing it with the blogosphere!

Nicholas sought me out for comfort today for the first time ever. Usually what happens is Nick starts crying somwewhere in the house, and it is up to us to hunt him down and console him. It has been this way since he was born. He never came to us when he was hurt or upset.

Tonight, my baby boy needed reassurance and he came to me for it. Something so simple; but yet a monumental breakthrough. I was in the kitchen and Nick was in the living room. Something did not go his way, and he got upset. The sliding door to the kitchen opened, and my little man walked through and put his head on my shoulder, still crying. I enveloped him in my arms and talked softly to him. A few minutes of cuddles later, he was satisfied and back on his way. Tonight, we moved another mountain in this struggle.

2 comments:

Ash said...

Tears of joy for you. How I love this perk of being a mom - we have the magic touch.

The Beach Life said...

I am so happy for you!