Thursday, July 13, 2006

Echolalia??

Today as Mike and the boys were leaving Nick's class, the teachers told Nick Bye-bye and waved. Well, when they got into the car to come home, Nick said "Bye-Bye" and waved! He does this sometimes. We will say things like "baby" and Nick will repeat it. This does not happen very often, which is why we still consider him "non-verbal". He does not use words or gestures to get what he wants. He will make the sign for "more" when I prompt him, but he has yet to initiate any "conversation" on his own. He HAS started to babble more since beginning the group therapy so that is a positive sign. I took more video of him today eating at the table, and waving his hands in front of his face. I will send that soon. Nothing much interesting going on here this week. I am tired right now so I will keep this short. We are all doing good!

No comments: